Hortense le Gentil: Aligned
Hortense is an Executive Leadership Coach and the President and Founder of JAY Consulting. She works with C-suite executives from Fortune 500 companies, supporting them in their development and leadership by working with them on the alignment between their personal values and their professional activities.
Hortense is part of the Marshall Goldsmith’s prestigious 100 Coaches Project. She has been selected to receive a Thinkers 50 coaching award for excellence in her field. She is the author of several articles about leadership and coaching in such publications as Leader to Leader.
She is the author of the book Aligned: Connecting Your True Self with the Leader You’re Meant to Be*.
We are often blind to these invisible lines running throughout our lives.
- Reflecting on the role models others have admired in their lives can provide insight on what they value.
- Fictional characters, colors, animals, tress, and even countries can also provide insight into values.
- Wisdom from Peter Drucker: “Tell me what you value, and I might believe you. But show me the twists and turns of your life and I’ll show you what you really value.”
- Aligned: Connecting Your True Self with the Leader You’re Meant to Be* by Hortense le Gentil
Download my highlights from Aligned in PDF format (free membership required).
- Enhance Your Self-Awareness, with Daniel Goleman (episode 353)
- Three Steps to Great Career Conversations, with Russ Laraway (episode 370)
- What to Do With Your Feelings, with Lori Gottlieb (episode 438)
- The Way to Be More Self-Aware, with Tasha Eurich (episode 442)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.