Jorge Alzate is a senior R&D manager at PepsiCo, an active leader in Toastmasters, and an alum of the Coaching for Leaders Academy. In this conversation, Jorge and I discuss what brought him to the podcast, how he utilized the Academy to help his career move forward, and the critical nature of courage for leadership growth.
- One action a day (the blue marbles for Jorge) is the way to create a new habit that can develops into a skill.
- Accountability is key to move us forward, even if it does not feel comfortable in the moment.
- Courage is the ability to act in spite of fear — and almost always necessary before confidence.
- Feel the Fear…and Do It Anyway* by Susan Jeffers
- Winning Conditions: How to Achieve the Professional Success You Deserve by Managing the Details That Matter* by Christine Hofbeck
- Leadership Through Consistency, with Joseph Getuno (episode 490)
- How to Build Confidence, with Katy Milkman (episode 533)
- How to Protect Your Confidence, with Nate Zinsser (episode 573)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.