Kwame Marfo is a director at Genentech in the San Francisco area. He is a graduate of the Coaching for Leaders Academy. He joins me in this episode to share how personal values can align intentionally with career choices.
- Kwame’s dad inspires the work he does today for others.
- An effective way to connect with others is to ask what books and podcasts they are listening to. This value of curiosity also came from Kwame’s dad.
- Getting diversity of leadership experience is useful to expand beyond an industry perspective.
- Establishing a vision gives clarity to what’s most important.
- Journaling has helped Kwame reflect on his life and illuminate gaps that lead to action.
- Don’t trust the summary.
- Start With Why, with Simon Sinek (episode 223)
- Craft a Career to Fit Your Strengths, with Scott Anthony Barlow (episode 424)
- How to Create Your Personal Vision (free membership required)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.