Seth Godin: This is Marketing
Seth Godin was recently inducted into the American Marketing Association’s Hall of Fame and is the author of one of the most popular blogs in the world. He founded TheMarketingSeminar.com and the altMBA. Seth is the author of eighteen best‑sellers that have been translated into more than thirty‑five languages, including his newest book, This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See*.
- The world is fragmented into many groups; there is no more mass market.
- Each of us has the ability to market the work we are doing through our actions.
- The hard work begins by choosing the smallest group of people you can live with and ignoring everyone else.
- Pick ten people. Find something that will amaze and delight the ten. And if you can’t, then start over.
- This Is Marketing* by Seth Godin
- Tribes* by Seth Godin
- Permission Marketing* by Seth Godin
- First, ten by Seth Godin
Download my highlights from This is Marketing in PDF format (free membership required).
- Getting Things Done with David Allen (episode 184)
- Start With Why Featuring Simon Sinek (episode 223)
- How to Be a Non-Conformist, with Adam Grant (episode 238)
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.