Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She joins me monthly to respond to listener questions.
- Samantha asked about what to do if you have a problem employee that is affecting the team.
- Pat asked about how to show respect for difficult work while also setting clear boundaries for ethical behavior.
- Ashish asked about using buzzwords and complexity vs. keeping language simple.
- Craig wanted to know how to influence people whom you have no direct control.
- Theory in Practice* by Chris Argyris
- Temple Grandin
- Double-loop learning
- Team of Teams* by General Stanley McChrystal
- What Search Dogs Can Teach You About Engagement (episode 25)
- Use Power for Good and Not Evil (episode 254)
- How to Challenge Directly and Care Personally (episode 302)
- Five Steps to Hold People Accountable (episode 306)
- Executive Presence with Your Elevator Speech (episode 316)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.