Michael Bungay Stanier: The Coaching Habit
Michael Bungay Stanier is the founder of Box of Crayons, a company best known for teaching 10-minute coaching so that busy managers can build stronger teams and get better results. He’s the author of The Coaching Habit, a Wall Street Journal Bestseller that’s been the #1 coaching book on Amazon since its release.
- If you become more coach-like, you’ll be able to have more impact without working as hard.
- Every culture is different, so they’ll require different systems.
- Focus less on performance appraisals and more on coaching conversations.
- There is a natural tension between the organization as a machine and the human beings who work there.
- The Truth & Lies of Performance Management report
- The Coaching Habit by Michael Bungay Stanier*
- Performance Management Stories podcast
Download my highlights from The Truth & Lies of Performance Management in PDF format (free membership required).
- CFL237: These Coaching Questions Get Results
- CFL284: The Way to Stop Rescuing People From Their Problems
- CFL306: Five Steps to Hold People Accountable
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Thank you to MehdiiKhalili in Australia, ElizabethEk in the States, Maurizio Prediero in Italy, and Joel Herzong and Ktokarchuk in Canada for the kind reviews on Apple Podcasts. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple. If you’re an Overcast user and this episode was helpful, just hit that star button on the app to help recommend it to other Overcast users. Thank you if you do either.