Michael Bungay Stanier: The Coaching Habit
Michael Bungay Stanier is the founder of Box of Crayons, a company best known for teaching 10-minute coaching so that busy managers can build stronger teams and get better results. He’s the author of The Coaching Habit*, a Wall Street Journal bestseller that’s been the #1 coaching book on Amazon since its release.
- If you become more coach-like, you’ll be able to have more impact without working as hard.
- Every culture is different, so they’ll require different systems.
- Focus less on performance appraisals and more on coaching conversations.
- There is a natural tension between the organization as a machine and the human beings who work there.
- The Truth & Lies of Performance Management report
- The Coaching Habit* by Michael Bungay Stanier
Download my highlights from The Truth & Lies of Performance Management in PDF format (free membership required).
- These Coaching Questions Get Results, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 237)
- The Way to Stop Rescuing People From Their Problems, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 284)
- Five Steps to Hold People Accountable, with Jonathan Raymond (episode 306)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.