Jordan Harbinger: The Jordan Harbinger Show
Jordan Harbinger is the critically acclaimed host of The Jordan Harbinger Show. He interviews legendary musicians to intelligence operatives, iconoclastic writers to visionary change-makers. Then he deconstructs the playbooks of the most successful people and challenges his audience to use those insights in their own lives.
- Leaders must be advocates for their team.
- Charming a superior is typically only good for short-term gains, whereas advocating for your team will lay a foundation for future success.
- Research people you’re nervous about meeting, and the more you learn, the more you’ll begin to see they’re just normal people.
- If you’re running a meeting, people want you to set the agenda and control the flow.
- When there is a power distance, do whatever you can to make the distance feel smaller.
- Research the person you’re going to meet with and find something you have in common. This is a way to reach out to them and make you stand out.
- CFL91: How to Listen When Someone Is Venting
- CFL154: Eight Ways To Use Power For Good
- CFL254: Use Power for Good and Not Evil
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Next week, I welcome Celeste Headlee to the show. Celeste is a host for NPR at the author of the We Need to Talk: How to Have Conversations That Matter*
Thank you to misekto in the States, Kevin JF in New Zealand, TPMcG in Australia, Carobthomp in Canada, and MsEvaMarianne in Dennmark for the kind reviews on Apple Podcasts and iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit http://coachingforleaders.com/apple