Liz Wiseman: Rookie Smarts
Liz Wiseman is listed on the Thinkers50 ranking and named as one of the top 10 leadership thinkers in the world and recipient of the 2016 ATD Champion of Talent Award. She is the author of three best-selling books, including Multipliers* and Rookie Smarts*.
- When we’re outside of our area of expertise, we have a leaner’s advantage that helps us think outside the box.
- When veterans look at tough situations, they look inside. Rookies look to the outside, which often makes them more flexible and creative.
- It’s more critical to be able to access what’s in other people’s heads than to keep everything in your own.
- In today’s fast-paced world, we’re constantly doing things that have no precedent. In this environment, it’s better to be a quick learner than to try to know everything.
- When we make mistakes but admit and then fix them, we end up with even happier customers and stakeholders.
- It’s good for you to say yes to things you don’t totally know how to do because it keeps you in a healthy rookie mindset.
- Living and Working With Child-like Wonder (Liz’s TED talk)
- Rookie Smarts by Liz Wiseman*
- Multipliers by Liz Wiseman*
- CFL143: How to Get Way Better at Accepting Feedback
- CFL257: How to Manage Former Peers
- CFL289: How to Lead Part-Time Staff
- CFL305: How to Deal With the Diminishers
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Tom Henschel returns to the show to teach us what we need to know about doing 360 feedback.