Chris Deferio: Keys to the Shop
Chris Deferio is the Cafe Operations Manager for Sunergos Coffee and also the host and producer of Keys to the Shop, a podcast that helps coffee service professionals to advance their careers by discovering more about barista work, management, leadership, and the operational knowledge to run a coffee shop.
- You can only go so far with positive feedback, you should also seek feedback on how you can improve.
- If you have a failure, just learn the lesson from it and apply that knowledge in the future.
- When hiring, focus on finding people who share your core company values.
- A lot of people know how to give good answers for the normal interview questions, so you have to ask different, more creative questions to really get to know them.
- Rather than view scheduling as a burden, look at it as a way to serve people.
- Doing a great job scheduling employees is a good way to show employees that you care about them.
- The Leadership Challenge* by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner
- Mindset* by Carol S. Deck
- It’s Okay to Be the Boss* by Bruce Tulgan
- Keys to the Shop podcast
- Keys to the Shop episode: How to Master Your Workflow
- Keys to the Shop episode: Leadership & Management Master Class
- Sunergos Coffee
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL158: How To Lead The Millennials
- CFL251: What to Do When Somebody Quits
- CFL257: How to Manage Former Peers
Next week I welcome Sharone Bar-David back to the show to teach us how to manage abrasive leaders.
Thank you to Julie for the kind review on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback