Dave Stachowiak: Coaching for Leaders
- Leaders need to both lead and plan.
- Planning takes discipline.
- Plan out quarterly in addition to, or even instead of, planning annually.
- Take the most important areas of your life and try to find an objective for each one that you can focus on during the quarter.
- Lagging indicators are the results, and leading indicators are the action steps you take to get the results.
- Your life will mostly fill up with day-to-day tasks, but the key is what you do with the remaining time.
- We tend to think we can do it all.
- Have a “Next Quarter” list easily accessible so you can get things out of your head and clear up mental space.
- Having a quarterly plan will help you make better decisions because you’ve already done the critical thinking about what’s important to you.
- The 12-Week Year by Brian Moran and Michael Lennington
- The Four Disciplines of Execution by Chris McChesney and Sean Covey
- Anchored Design & Branding
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.