Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She joins me monthly to respond to listener questions.
- Melvin asked about how to handle a layoff he’s been asked to do.
- Melissa asked about what she should do differently before letting people go.
- Carlos asked about how to change the dynamics on a dysfunctional team.
- Krystal asked about good reading resources for better customer service.
- Jun asked about what he could do to improve his executive presence.
- The Automatic Customer* by John Warrillow
- Good Authority* by Jonathan Raymond
- Radical Candor* by Kim Scott
- The Power of Vulnerability by Brené Brown
- Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe by Simon Sinek
- Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service* by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles
- How to Win Friends and Influence People* by Dale Carnegie
- The Power Of Servant Leadership, with John Dickson (episode 137)
- How to Create Team Guidelines, with Susan Gerke (episode 192)
- How to Challenge Directly and Care Personally, with Kim Scott (episode 302)
- Five Steps to Hold People Accountable, with Jonathan Raymond (episode 306)
- Membercast 4: How to Create a Team Vision
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.