Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She joins me monthly to respond to listener questions.
- Chris asked for advice on how to begin his leadership development journey, in spite of a lot of current frustrations.
- Warren asked for our perspective on how to handle a problematic situation with two employees he has inherited.
- Malcolm asked about our philosophy of leadership and how much we need to stay true to ourselves.
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People* by Stephen Covey
- How to Win Friends and Influence People* by Dale Carnegie
- 11 Crucial Books That Every Leader Should Know
- American Management Association
- Dale Carnegie courses
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking* by Susan Cain
- Podcast episodes for new leaders
- Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body* by Roxane Gay
- The Power of Vulnerability* by Brené Brown
- The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, with Susan Cain (episode 44)
- The Way to Turn Followers Into Leaders, with David Marquet (episode 241)
- Five Steps to Hold People Accountable, with Jonathan Raymond (episode 306)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.