Tina Payne Bryson: No Drama Discipline
Tina Payne Bryson is the co-author, with Dan Siegel, of two New York Times bestsellers, The Whole Brain Child* and No Drama Discipline* — each of which has been translated into over twenty languages. She is a psychotherapist and the Executive Director of The Center for Connection in Pasadena, California, where she offers parenting consultations and provides therapy to children and adolescents.
- Much of what we do in the name of discipline is counter-productive.
- The original meaning of the word “discipline” is to teach.
- To effectively discipline (to teach kids skills to do better in the future), children have to be in a state of mind in which they can learn.
- Consequences can be counter-productive.
- If you’re being an effective disciplinarian, you should be disciplining less over time.
- “Time-outs” don’t teach kids anything, but taking the time to step away from the situation to talk to your kids does teach.
- No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson*
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson*
- The Yes Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiosity, and Resilience in Your Child by Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson* (pre-order)
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL50: Five Leadership Lessons Learned from Luke
- CFL190: How to Improve Your Coaching Skills with Tom Henschel
- CFL284: The Way to Stop Rescuing People From Their Problems
Kwame Christian of the Negotiate Anything podcast joins me to field some tough situations that our listeners are navigating.
Thank you to Learning Leader and BrieGF for the kind reviews on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/itunes