Pete Mockaitis: How to Be Awesome at Your Job
Pete Mockaitis is the host of the How to Be Awesome at Your Job podcast, regularly listed as a Top 10 careers podcast on iTunes.
- Your sense of ownership in your work can have huge consequences in how well things unfold.
- Self-efficacy has a large effect on your sense of ownership in your work.
- Try to connect the job someone is doing with the overall mission of the organization.
- The effects of micromanaging can be disastrous for an organization.
- When delegating a job, think about the critical components of the job and what you want the result to be, then let employees get the job done however they see fit.
- Delegation doesn’t have to be an all-in-one-shot type of thing, it can be done in stages.
Steps to delegating:
- Watch me do this
- Help me do this
- Let’s do this together
- I’ll help you do this
- I’ll watch you do this.
- Albert Bandura
- The 80/20 Principle* by Richard Koch
- Essentialism* by Greg McKeown
- The ONE Thing* Gary Keller Jay Papasan
- Arthur Woods podcast episode
- Jeff McManus podcast episode
- Financial Intelligence* by Joe Knight
- CFL244: Improve Your Financial Intelligence with Joe Knight
Episodes from the How to Be Awesome at Your Job podcast that may be of value to your team:
- 159: Increasing Confidence by Increasing Self-Awareness with Dr. Tasha Eurich
- 126: Making Stress Work for You with Dr. Melanie Greenberg
- 104: Overcoming Self-limiting Beliefs with R. Michael Anderson
- 086: Honing Your Persuasive Skills with Kwame Christian
- 001: Communicating with Inspiration and Clarity with Mawi Asgedom
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL117: The Seven Steps You Follow To Delegate Work
- CFL148: The Four Stories Leaders Need For Influence
- CFL302: How to Challenge Directly and Care Personally
Bonni and I return for the monthly question and answer show. Submit your question for consideration next week or for the first question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback