Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide*.
- Richard asked about how to practically influence on an executive team.
- Edwin asked about how to handle the situation when someone is fired.
- Isabeau asked about considerations to give when leading people who are parents.
- Tad asked about how to improve his skills as a program manager.
- Leadership and Self-Deception* by The Arbinger Institute
- Drive* by Daniel Pink
- The Empowered Manager: Positive Political Skills at Work* by Peter Block
- Essentialism* by Greg McKewon
- Deep Work* by Cal Newport
- 13 Crucial Books That Every Leader Should Know
- Coaching for Leaders Academy
- Three Steps to Soliciting Feedback, with Tom Henschel (episode 107)
- How to Make Deep Work Happen, with Cal Newport (episode 233)
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.