Muriel Wilkins: Own the Room
Muriel is the Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Paravis Partners. She hosts the Coaching Real Leaders podcast, presented by Harvard Business Review. She's also the co-author, with Amy Su, of Own the Room: Discover Your Signature Voice to Master Your Leadership Presence.
- It’s about learning to adapt and learning how you bring your best self forward for the situation at play.
- Effective leadership presence does two things: (1) it makes an impression through the value it brings to the table and (2) it connects with its stakeholders.
- A leader who has presence is able to both demonstrate their value in an authentic way that is unique to them while at the same time connect with their stakeholders.
- Credibility and reliability are two things people look for in every leader.
- When you walk into a meeting, think about what assumptions you are making, what communication strategies you are going to use, and what kind of energy you’re bringing.
- The Art of Stage Presence, with James Whittaker (episode 188)
- The Way to Make New Behaviors Stick, with Marshall Goldsmith (episode 196)
- How to Find the Right Voice, with Laura Sicola (episode 220)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.