Muriel Maignan Wilkins: Own the Room
Muriel is the Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Paravis Partners. She is the co-author, with Amy Su, of Own the Room: Discover Your Signature Voice to Master Your Leadership Presence.
- It’s about learning to adapt and learning how you bring your best self forward for the situation at play.
- Effective leadership presence does two things: (1) it makes an impression through the value it brings to the table and (2) it connects with its stakeholders.
- A leader who has presence is able to both demonstrate their value in an authentic way that is unique to them while at the same time connect with their stakeholders.
- Credibility and reliability are two things people look for in every leader.
- When you walk into a meeting, think about what assumptions you are making, what communication strategies you are going to use, and what kind of energy you’re bringing.
Ft. Lauderdale Meetup
Are you in South Florida? I’m putting together an informal meetup for listeners on the evening of Tuesday, November 22nd in the Ft. Lauderdale area. For details, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/florida
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL188: The Art of Stage Presence with James Whittaker
- CFL196: Marshall Goldsmith on Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts
- CFL220: How to Find the Right Voice
Mindy Danna appears on the show next week to teach us all about the stages of adult development.