Leaders can't be expected to do it all, and those who try end up being ineffective in many areas. One of the places where leaders will often need assistance in their tenure is with training – and there any many training partners to chose from both internal and external to your organization. In this episode, I speak with Aaron Kent of Dale Carnegie of Southern Los Angeles to help us learn what to know before hiring an external training organization.
In the opening of this episode, I mentioned the book Soar With Your Strengths, which I recommend.
This week, I welcome a dear friend and business partner as my guest. Aaron Kent is the President & CEO of Dale Carnegie of Southern Los Angeles. I asked Aaron the following questions during our interview:
- What are some common misconceptions leaders have about training companies?
- How would a leader know its the right time to consider bringing in an outside resource like Dale Carnegie?
- What should leaders do to prepare for a first meeting with a company like Dale Carnegie?
- How does Dale Carnegie approach a first meeting (i.e. what can leaders expect?)
- In your experience, what do leaders who have great success with training do differently than those who have mediocre success?
- What's one thing that leaders don't do when hiring you that you wish they did?
- Since this show is about engaging and developing others with coaching, who is a leader that's been an effective coach for you?
If you'd like to reach Aaron, you can connect with him directly at (310) 780-8478 or via our standard contact methods below.
Thank you to Frances, Kirk, and Diego for reaching out to the show in the last week – if you are a regular listener and haven't connected with us before, please drop me a line. I'd love to know what we can do to best serve you in upcoming shows.
Coming up May 7th
How you can maximize a training experience for people
If what you've heard on this week's show has been valuable to you or if you've benefited from past episodes, please leave us a review on iTunes. You can do this at coachingforleaders.com/itunes and then click “View in iTunes.” We are very grateful for your feedback!
Wherever you are in the world, whatever is on your agenda today, take one idea from this show to engage and develop someone you lead.