Your questions and our answers. Join us for the first all question and answer show for the Coaching and Leaders community.
Question from Jay:
“I’m on the board of an organization that is run by two partners. One partner is really a people person. The other partner is more of a driver, all business, doesn’t like to fool around in the office. The challenge is one partner really pushes employees to the point where they almost want to quit and then the other partner has to come in and calm things down and smooth out the hard feelings. The drive partner is sometimes also blunt and driven with customers so the other partner has had to patch some things up and in other cases they have lost customers. What can I do?”
- We mentioned Ram Charan’s new book, Boards That Lead*
- We also mentioned his recent interview with the HBR IdeaCast
- Episode #89: The Value of the StrengthsFinder Assessment
- Episode #90: How To Interpret Your StrengthsFinder Results
Question from Monre: [AUDIO]
- We mentioned Episode #59: Seven Principles for Leading People Older Than You
- We mentioned the book Leadership and Self-Deception*
Questions from Julie:
“How do you maintain loyalty and trust when rumors are circulating? How do you keep employees motivated In the face of cutbacks.”
“How do you work with a boss that shows favoritism due to friendships outside the office?”
I’m looking to chat with about 10 people to do a little R&D for my Course1 project for #CFLshow community. Contact me if both of the below are true for you:
- You’ve been a manager for less than 2 years.
- You work for a company or organization of more than 25 people.
Thank you to Jim Parks, Dustin, John, another John and all those who’ve subscribed to my weekly update this past week. I publish an article each week that will give you a booster shot between shows on how to lead better by giving you actionable advice to improve your communications, human relations, or personal productivity. If you’d to receive it in your inbox, just go to coachingforleaders.com/subscribe. Plus, you’ll get instant access to my video overview and downloadable guide on the ten leadership books that will help you get better results from others.