How your writing shows up on screen may say as much as what you wear. Matthew Butterick shares how to improve your writing with practical typography.
Guest: Matthew Butterick
Author, Practical Typography
Written communication may say as much about you as what you wear.
Typography is more than just font.
- Matthew's rankings of common system fonts
- Garner’s Modern American Usage* by Bryan Garner
Mark Twain received the following telegram from a publisher:
- NEED 2-PAGE SHORT STORY TWO DAYS.
And famously replied…
- NO CAN DO 2 PAGES TWO DAYS. CAN DO 30 PAGES 2 DAYS. NEED 30 DAYS TO DO 2 PAGES.
Use one space after a sentence
What’s one change you will make to your writing?
- On this topic: http://coachingforleaders.com/145
- Comments, questions, or feedback: http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback
- (949) 38-LEARN
Thank you this week to Michael Oliver, Henning Husum, Jirintai Suljid, Shauna Beliveua, Mark Schroeder, Robin Green, Michelle Singh, Gretchen Horn, Derek Green, Markus Lerchen, Taina Varis, Diakite Mamadou, Rubin Rios, and A Toh for subscribing to my weekly update. If you do as well, you'll receive the 10 Leadership Books That Will Help You Get Better Results From Others, including 2 books that I rely on weekly. You can subscribe at http://coachingforleaders.com/subscribe
A final thank you this week to Vikey Hogan for the kind review on iTunes. You can leave a review for the show on iTunes at http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes or Stitcher Radio at http://coachingforleaders.com/stitcher