Bringing smart ideas to the table isn't enough; we also need to be able to sell those ideas. The best idea communicated poorly will fare much worse than a mediocre idea communicated well. In this episode, I'll examine what you can do to help your ideas take off.
Six mistakes you may be making when pitching a great idea:
1) Neglecting to interact with the people who are impacted most by your idea.
2) Ignoring people who could help you.
3) Spending too much time on the unimportant details.
4) Assuming the “pitch” is the decision point.
5) Failing to strategize how to work around obstacles.
6) Hesitating on bad news.
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.