Meaning and significance goes way past how much money you make and the title you hold. Most lasting happiness is tied to the larger picture. In this episode, Bonni and I look at the importance of goal-setting and life planning, in order to help you get on track to maximize your full potential.
USA: (949) 38-LEARN
Global: +1 (949) 385-3276
Twitter: @DaveStachowiak #CFLshow
Guest: Bonni Stachowiak
What does a life plan give you?
- Clarity around what is important
- The ability to better manage priorities and balance your time
- Better sense of what to say no to…
- More of a sense that you are truly living
“Contrary to popular belief, great things almost never happen by accident. Great accomplishments are planned. Sadly, much of the planning we do goes into accomplishments that leave us feeling empty in the end.” -Donald Miller
How to phrase a goal:
- SMART goals
- Careful of negatively-focused goals, such as I want to lose weight…
- Focus on what you will gain (as in what will the benefit be…)
Increase the likelihood of following through on goals
- Put them somewhere where you'll see them
- Track your progress along the way
- Share them with others
- Create an ideal week that aligns with your life plan and your goals
- See Michael Hyatt's book on Creating Your Personal Life Plan
Other resources we mentioned:
Thank you to Mike Farrow, Gay Pickner, David Bazan, Eric Furlong, Elmer Turner, and Olivia Cascante for either liking our page on Facebook, following me on Google+, or following me on Twitter.
Want a booster-shot mid-week? I send a weekly article via email so you can stay connected with our community and keep getting ideas and tools that will keep you moving forward. If you're not already receiving the weekly articles, please subscribe at this link.