Leonardo Baumworcel: Hospital São Lucas
Leonardo Baumworcel is the director of Hospital São Lucas in Brazil. He oversees a 200-bed hospital and emergency room seeing 10,000 patients a month. He also oversees the work of 2,500 staff. He is a cardiologist by training and a recent alum of the Coaching for Leaders Academy.
- One way to utilize the podcast is to leverage if for staff training to get the entire team on the same page.
- Resilience is key when working to achieve your vision through change — beware of giving up too quickly.
- Leaders need to establish the frameworks and limitations for what to do — and then help people to have the freedom to work within it.
- Peer mentoring allows both leaders to learn from each other, instead of limiting the professional development to one person.
- The Power of Vulnerability in Leadership, with Jason Brooks (episode 385)
- How to Create an Unstoppable Culture, with Ginger Hardage (episode 350)
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
- Move From Theory to Practice, with Steve Schroeder (episode 369)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.