You might be thinking about giving thanks this week, but how’s your overall attitude about gratitude? In this episode, I share five ways you can adjust your attitude to work for the better.
How To Cultivate An Attitude Of Gratitude
Before we start: Episode #9 is the place to go on how to give positive feedback to others
1. Stop the complaining by receiving praise well
- Don’t discount it
- Don’t argue with it
- Don’t ignore it
- Just say “thank you”
Acknowledge that you are worthy of praise
If you don’t think you are, just try it a couple of times.
2. Remember the dark days
3. Be intentional about making gratitude a regular practice
- Use a gratitude journal
- Bonni writes a post every day in November on Facebook
- Have more “get tos” than “got tos”
- I’ll be doing a #weekofgratitude this week on my Twitter account
4. What can I do to help someone today
- “The smallest act is worth more than the grandest intention.”
5. Look to those who are examples of gratitude for inspiration
“So many people have helped me to come here to this night. Some of you are here, some are far away and some are even in Heaven. All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you just take, along with me, 10 seconds to think of the people who have helped you become who you are, those who have cared about you and wanted what was best for you in life. 10 seconds of silence. I’ll watch the time.
Whomever you’ve been thinking about, how pleased they must be to know the difference you feel they’ve made.” – the late Mr. Rogers in 1997
A final thought on the start of the holiday season.
Thank you to Cherish Calero, Ronnie Sidhu, Jaime Sosa, Stefanie G, Timothy Goodman, Orawan Saeler, and Albin Manamarin who’ve subscribed to my weekly update this past week.