Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She joins me monthly to respond to listener questions.
- Elizabeth asked about a tricky issue with an underperforming team member she inherited.
- Gordon wondered what he could do to support resilience during a time of massive change.
- Leona asked how she might think about the disconnect from what her organization espouses and what she sees in practice.
- Anthony was curious about when it’s appropriate to ask “why” and when it’s not.
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It … and Why the Rest Don’t* by Verne Harnish
- Scaling Up Growth Tools
- Analyzing Performance Problems* by Robert F. Mager and Peter Pipe
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
- How to Build Psychological Safety, with Amy Edmondson (episode 404)
- How to Clarify What’s Important, with Ron Williams (episode 410)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.