Gretchen Rubin: Outer Order, Inner Calm
Gretchen Rubin explores happiness and good habits and is the author of several books, including the block-buster New York Times bestsellers, Better Than Before*, The Happiness Project*, Happier at Home*, and The Four Tendencies*. She is the author also of the new book Outer Order, Inner Calm: Declutter and Organize to Make More Room for Happiness*.
- When people have control over their stuff, they feel more in control of their lives.
- If you need a physical reset, do 10 jumping jacks.
- Your physical needs will override your emotional needs.
- Internal Time* by Till Roenneberg
Download my highlights from Outer Order, Inner Calm in PDF format (free membership required).
- How to Make Deep Work Happen, with Cal Newport (episode 233)
- The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing, with Daniel Pink (episode 332)
- How to Reclaim Conversation, with Cal Newport (episode 400)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.