Daniel Goleman: Emotional Intelligence
In 1995, Daniel Goleman published the blockbuster bestselling book Emotional Intelligence*, a book that now has more than 5 million copies in print worldwide in 40 different languages. He’s the author of a series of primers for the competencies of emotional and social intelligence, titled Building Blocks of Emotional Intelligence* and he’s the founder of the Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification.
The three types of empathy:
- Cognitive empathy – you can sense what people are thinking
- Emotional empathy – you can pick up on other people’s emotions
- Empathic concern – people can tell you care about them
- Emotional Intelligence* by Daniel Goleman
- Building Blocks of Emotional Intelligence* by Daniel Goleman et al.
- A Force for Good* by Daniel Goleman and the Dalai Lama
- Emotional and Social Competence Inventory
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification
Download my highlights from the Empathy primer in PDF format (free membership required).
- How to Get the Ideal Team Player, with Patrick Lencioni (episode 301)
- Have Conversations That Matter, with Celeste Headlee (episode 344)
- Enhance Your Self-Awareness, with Daniel Goleman (episode 353)
- The Power of Vulnerability in Leadership, with Jason Brooks (episode 385)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.