Sharone Bar-David: Trust Your Canary
Sharone Bar-David is a leading Canadian expert on workplace incivility and author of Trust Your Canary: Every Leader’s Guide to Taming Workplace Incivility*. She is particularly passionate about her work with abrasive leaders — the highly talented people whose interpersonal style rubs people the wrong way and creates distress in the work environment.
The three contexts that pose a risk:
- Routine (To mitigate risks, Cultivate)
- Sensitive (To mitigate risks, Calculate)
- Problem (To minimize damage, Compensate)
- Trust Your Canary: Every Leader’s Guide to Taming Workplace Incivility*
- Hey (We’re Not All) Guys! Why I Don’t Use “You Guys”
- How to Tame Workplace Incivility, with Sharone Bar-David (episode 210)
- Use Power for Good and Not Evil, with Dacher Keltner (episode 254)
- How to Manage Abrasive Leaders, with Sharone Bar-David (episode 290)
- How to Make Inclusion Happen, with Deepa Purushothaman (episode 307)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.