Kwame Christian: Negotiate Anything
Kwame Christian is a business lawyer and the Director of the American Negotiation Institute. His TEDx Talk, Finding Confidence in Conflict, was the most popular TED Talk on the topic of conflict of 2017.
Today, he’s working extensively with procurement departments within companies to help them make better deals. Kwame hosts the top negotiation podcast, Negotiate Anything and is the author of the book Finding Confidence in Conflict: How to Negotiate Anything and Live Your Best Life*.
Three points to the breakdown of communication:
- The Frame (the storyline)
- The Pace (how fast)
- The Direction (what issues you’re talking about)
Three steps of compassionate curiosity:
- Acknowledging emotions
- Getting curious with compassion
- Joint problem solving
- Kwame’s Negotiation guide
- Negotiate Anything podcast by Kwame Christian
- Finding Confidence in Conflict: How to Negotiate Anything and Live Your Best Life* by Kwame Christian
- Anchoring episode on Negotiate Anything
Download my highlights from Finding Confidence in Conflict in PDF format (free membership required).
- Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It, with Chris Voss (episode 262)
- Negotiation Tactics for Results, with Kwame Christian (episode 311)
- Have Conversations That Matter, with Celeste Headlee (episode 344)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.