Kwame Christian: Negotiate Anything
Kwame Christian is a business lawyer and the Director of the American Negotiation Institute. His TEDx Talk, Finding Confidence in Conflict, was the most popular TED Talk on the topic of conflict of 2017. He hosts the top negotiation podcast, Negotiate Anything, and is the author of the new book: Nobody Will Play With Me: How to Find Confidence in Conflict*.
Three points to the breakdown of communication:
- The Frame (the storyline)
- The Pace (how fast)
- The Direction (what issues you’re talking about)
Three steps of compassionate curiosity:
- Acknowledging emotions
- Getting curious with compassion
- Joint problem solving
- Kwame’s Negotiation guide
- Negotiate Anything podcast by Kwame Christian
- Nobody Will Play With Me: How to Find Confidence in Conflict*
- Anchoring episode on Negotiate Anything
Download my highlights from Nobody Will Play With Me in PDF format (free membership required).
- CFL262: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
- CFL311: Negotiation Tactics for Results
- CFL344: Have Conversations That Matter
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at https://coachingforleaders.com
Thank you to Miah2611 for the kind review on Apple Podcasts. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple. If you’re an Overcast user and this episode was helpful, just hit that star button on the app to help recommend it to other Overcast users. Thank you if you do either.
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback