Parker Palmer: On the Brink of Everything
Parker Palmer is the founder and senior partner emeritus of the Center for Courage & Renewal and is a world-renowned writer, speaker, and activist who focuses on issues in education, community, leadership, spirituality and social change. He is the author of the newly published book, On the Brink of Everything: Grace, Gravity, and Getting Old*.
- “The unexamined life is not worth living.” —Socrates
- Encourage people to examine the fears they have about looking inward.
- When we befriend what we are afraid of, it will become our friend.
- “If you can’t get out of it, get into it.” —Outward Bound motto
- Focus on building goodwill in your business because it repays many times over.
- On the Brink of Everything: Grace, Gravity, and Getting Old* by Parker Palmer
- The New Better Off: Reinventing the American Dream* by Courtney Martin
- Outward Bound
Download my highlights from On the Brink of Everything in PDF format (free membership required).
- How to Tame Your Inner Critic, with Tara Mohr (episode 232)
- The Power of Solitude, with Mike Erwin (episode 308)
- The Path of Humble Leadership, with Edgar Schein and Peter Schein (episode 363)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.