Steve Schroeder is a member of the Coaching for Leaders Academy and is a clinical practice manager in the pharmacy industry.
- Listen to what the other person is saying instead of trying to come up with an answer for what they’re doing.
- Don’t worry about solving all the problems — just ask yourself if you asked the right questions to help people solve their own problems.
- In some cases, by not holding people accountable you’re actually hurting their future career.
- The Coaching Habit* by Michael Bungay Stanier
- Leading Change* by John Kotter
- Success Talks podcast: Shawn Achor on the Secret to Reaching Big Potential
- These Coaching Questions Get Results, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 237)
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
- The Truth and Lies of Performance Management, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 361)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.