Michelle Maldonado: Mindfulness
Michelle is Founder and CEO of Lucenscia, a human potential and business strategy firm dedicated to developing leaders and organizations with positive impact in the world. Michelle is a faculty member and Meta-Coach for Daniel Goleman's inaugural Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification Program. Her work has been featured by the Human Capital Institute, the Mindful Leadership Summit, Leadership Excellence, and Chief Learning Officer.
- Mindfulness is paying attention to what’s happening in the present moment — in the body, in the mind, in the external environment — with an attitude of curiosity and kindness.
- What are you thinking, and how is that impacting your interaction with the person before you?
- There is a different quality of experience when you’re paying attention to what’s happening.
- The easiest way to get started with mindfulness is to focus on your breathing.
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute
- Lucenscia (Michelle’s firm)
- Flourish by Martin E. P. Seligman*
- In Group vs Out Group with David Eagleman *
- Unconscious Bias: Turning Discovery and Awareness Into Action and Impact
- Finding the Space to Lead: A Practical Guide to Mindful Leadership* by Janice Marturano
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness* by Chade-Meng Tan
- The Emotional Life of Your Brain: How Its Unique Patterns Affect the Way You Think, Feel, and Live — and How You Can Change Them* by Richard Davidson and Sharon Begley
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment — and Your Life* by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Mindful Day: Practical Ways to Find Focus, Calm, and Joy From Morning to Evening* by Laurie Cameron
- Creating Mindful Leaders: How to Power Down, Power Up, and Power Forward* by Joe Burton
- Have Conversations That Matter, with Celeste Headlee (episode 344)
- Enhance Your Self-Awareness, with Daniel Goleman (episode 353)
- The Path of Humble Leadership, with Edgar Schein and Peter Schein (episode 363)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.