Michelle Maldonado: Mindfulness
Michelle is Founder and CEO of Lucenscia, a human potential and business strategy firm dedicated to developing leaders and organizations with positive impact in the world. Michelle is a faculty member and Meta-Coach for Daniel Goleman’s inaugural Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification Program. Her work has been featured by the Human Capital Institute, the Mindful Leadership Summit, Leadership Excellence, and Chief Learning Officer.
- Mindfulness is paying attention to what’s happening in the present moment — in the body, in the mind, in the external environment — with an attitude of curiosity and kindness.
- What are you thinking, and how is that impacting your interaction with the person before you?
- There is a different quality of experience when you’re paying attention to what’s happening.
- The easiest way to get started with mindfulness is to focus on your breathing.
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute
- Lucenscia (Michelle’s firm)
- Flourish by Martin E. P. Seligman*
- In Group vs Out Group with David Eagleman *
- Unconscious Bias: Turning Discovery and Awareness Into Action and Impact
- Finding the Space to Lead: A Practical Guide to Mindful Leadership by Janice Marturano*
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness by Chade-Meng Tan*
- The Emotional Life of Your Brain: How Its Unique Patterns Affect the Way You Think, Feel, and Live — and How You Can Change Them by Richard Davidson and Sharon Begley*
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment — and Your Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn*
- The Mindful Day: Practical Ways to Find Focus, Calm, and Joy From Morning to Evening by Laurie Cameron*
- Creating Mindful Leaders: How to Power Down, Power Up, and Power Forward by Joe Burton*
- CFL344: Have Conversations That Matter
- CFL353: Enhance Your Self-Awareness
- CFL363: The Path of Humble Leadership
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Thank you to ServeLeadInspire for the kind review on Apple Podcasts. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple. If you’re an Overcast user and this episode was helpful, just hit that star button on the app to help recommend it to other Overcast users. Thank you if you do either.