Robbie Samuels: Croissants vs. Bagels
Robbie Samuels has been recognized as a networking expert by Inc. and Lifehacker, and is the author of Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences.* He’s a member of the National Speakers Association and has been speaking on the topic of inclusive networking for over a decade. He also hosts the On the Schmooze podcast.
- If you’re brand new to a conference, scan the floor and look for welcoming people. If you don’t see anyone, get in a line somewhere to meet people.
- If you’re a regular at the conference, think of yourself as a host.
- A lot of networking success is about preparation.
- When you go into a session early, don’t just hop on your phone. Talk to people.
- When a line forms to talk to a speaker, work the line. It’s a great opportunity for networking.
- Organizing a networking event at a conference is a great way to meet people.
- 10 Tips for Conference Connections
- Croissants vs. Bagels* by Robbie Samuels
- Quiet* by Susan Cain
Download my highlights from Croissants vs. Bagels in PDF format (free membership required).
- The Secret To Success At Conferences, with Charles Max Wood (episode 73)
- Get ROI From Professional Associations, with John Corcoran (episode 209)
- Executive Presence with Your Elevator Speech, with Tom Henschel (episode 316)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.