Robbie Samuels: Croissants vs. Bagels
Robbie Samuels has been recognized as a networking expert by Inc. and Lifehacker, and is the author of Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences.* He’s a member of the National Speakers Association and has been speaking on the topic of inclusive networking for over a decade.
- If you’re brand new to a conference, scan the floor and look for welcoming people. If you don’t see anyone, get in a line somewhere to meet people.
- If you’re a regular at the conference, think of yourself as a host.
- A lot of networking success is about preparation.
- When you go into a session early, don’t just hop on your phone. Talk to people.
- When a line forms to talk to a speaker, work the line. It’s a great opportunity for networking.
- Organizing a networking event at a conference is a great way to meet people.
- Croissants vs. Bagels by Robbie Samuels*
- Quiet by Susan Cain*
Download my highlights from the Croissants vs. Bagels in PDF format (free membership required).
- CFL73: The Secret To Success At Conferences
- CFL209: Get ROI From Professional Associations
- CFL316: Executive Presence with Your Elevator Speech
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Thank you to Yashk0 in Germany and MysticZen here in the States for the kind reviews on Apple Podcasts. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback