Brenda Bernstein: How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile
Brenda Bernstein is the Founder and Senior Editor at The Essay Expert and the author of How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile*, a book that held the #1 best-seller spot in Amazon’s business writing skills list for 2 years.
- When you connect with someone, personalize the message.
- Alumni are a great resource for connections.
- Write useful and educational articles and share them in LinkedIn groups.
- LinkedIn has a very high ranking in Google, so your profile might be the first thing that shows up in search results.
- Recruiters often look at people’s profiles to determine how much they contribute to the community.
- If people connect with you on LinkedIn, you can also offer to them to join your newsletter.
- LinkedIn is a social network, not just a place to put up your resume and never look at it again.
- How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile…And 18 Mistakes to Avoid* by Brenda Bernstein
- How to Write a Stellar Executive Resume: 50 Tips to Reaching Your Job Target* by Brenda Bernstein
Download my highlights from How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile in PDF format (free membership required).
- How to Start a Conversation With Anyone, with Mark Sieverkropp (episode 177)
- How to Ask for Career Help, with Larry Braman (episode 269)
- How to Vastly Improve Your LinkedIn Profile, with Brenda Bernstein (episode 285)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.