Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She joins me monthly to respond to listener questions.
- Lindsay asked about coaching new leaders to give feedback to former peers.
- Meena asked about how to find her motivation during a difficult time.
- Lana asked about software to track development plans online.
- Stefanie asked about using assessments to uncover blind spots effectively.
- Williams wondered how to end a successful leadership position well.
- Analyzing Performance Problems* by Robert F. Mager and Peter Pipe
- On the folly of rewarding A while expecting B by Steven Kerr
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living* by Dale Carnegie
- Getting Things Done* by David Allen
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team* by Patrick Lencioni
- DiSC Overview
- Lead Through Strengths with Lisa Cummings
- Thanks For the Feedback* by Sheila Heen and Douglas Stone
- Managing Transitions* by William Bridges
- Difficult Conversations* Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen
- How to Get Way Better at Accepting Feedback, with Sheila Heen (episode 143)
- Getting Things Done, with David Allen (episode 184)
- How to Manage Former Peers, with Tom Henschel (episode 257)
- Leverage StrengthsFinder for Your Team, with Lisa Cummings (episode 293)
- The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing, with Daniel Pink (episode 332)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.