Tim Stringer: Learn OmniFocus
Tim Stringer of Technically Simple is one of the world’s leading experts on using task management systems and is the founder of Learn OmniFocus*, the premier site for teaching OmniFocus users how to be as productive as possible.
- In general, keep the planning and working tasks separate.
- By planning first, it’s much easier to be productive when you go into worker mode.
- Your task management system should collect your whens, your whats, and your ideas.
- Make your task management system a sacred space.
- Use due dates only when there is a consequence for not finishing something by that date.
- Focus on only doing a few important tasks first, then move on to the rest of the tasks.
- A morning and evening review will help you stay on top of your system.
- Common mistakes: Putting too much into your task management system, overusing due dates, and tasks that aren’t immediately actionable.
- Getting Things Done* by David Allen
- Learn OmniFocus*
- Bullet Journal
- How To Be More Productive, with Tim Stringer (episode 151)
- Do This for a Productive Week (episode 180)
- Getting Things Done, with David Allen (episode 184)
- The Way to Stop Spinning Your Wheels on Planning (episode 319)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.