Jeff Hittenberger: Orange County Department of Education
Jeff Hittenberger is the Chief Academic Officer for the Orange County Department of Education.
- If you don’t deal with things on a personal level, they will oftentimes negatively affect your work.
- It is important to cultivate emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- A growth mindset will help you overcome a sense of despair because it gives you a sense of agency.
- Learning about the growth mindset as a team will give you a common language to communicate with.
- Poor reactions to a problem can make the problem even bigger.
- Learning about emotional intelligence while in the workplace will also help outside of work.
- Learning about a growth mindset and emotional intelligence takes time; it can’t be a one-shot deal.
- The Growth of the Mind by Stanley Greenspan*
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck*
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman*
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith *
FREE LifeScore Assessment
What if you could get an overall score for your life and use that information to create the life you want?
Bonni and I have affiliated with Michael Hyatt again this year to offer the FREE LifeScore assessment. Use the link below to take this 10-minute assessment for clarity on where you are today and how you can move forward next year:
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL30: Six Mistakes Leaders Make Sending People to Training
- CFL155: Three Strategies To Build Talent In Your Organization
- CFL196: Marshall Goldsmith of Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts
Thank you to Beazer Boy in Canada for the kind review on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes