Jenny Dearborn: The Data Driven Leader
Jenny Dearborn is Senior Vice President and Chief Learning Officer at SAP. She is the author, with David Swanson, of the new book, The Data Driven Leader: A Powerful Approach to Delivering Measurable Business Impact Through People Analytics.
- There is data in everything.
- It’s not just about customer data, it can be used internally to improve the organization.
- HR professionals should try to be more in tune with the C-Suite and the company’s big picture strategy.
- A lot of organizations think they’re doing analytics but what they’re really doing is reporting.
- The best way to do analysis is to start mapping information against each other.
- Organizations often have enough data but they haven’t thought about ways to utilize it.
- The Data Driven Leader: A Powerful Approach to Delivering Measurable Business Impact Through People Analytics* by Jenny Dearborn and David Swanson
Download my highlights from The Data Driven Leader in PDF format (free membership required).
- Three Steps to Take After You Conduct a Survey, with Bonni Stachowiak (episode 150)
- How to Lead Through Uncertainty and Change, with Jacqueline Farrington (episode 224)
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.