Emily Soccorsy and Justin Foster: Your Leadership Brand
Emily Soccorsy and Justin Foster are from Root + River. They are brand strategists and marketers who believe that your brand is how other people experience what you believe.
- Branding is something that begins inside of you.
- Much of branding is just uncovering what’s inside of you, articulating it, and then reflecting it outward.
- We’re living in a world where we can no longer get away with pretending to be something we’re not, so we have no alternative but to be ourselves.
- If you reverse engineer a brand failure, it’s usually because of a poor leadership decision, not a marketing problem.
- Whenever there is an outward branding problem, look inward.
- The most successful brands are the ones that have a minuscule chasm between their public brand and how they operate internally.
- Most missions come from suffering.
- What problem does the organization solve in the world?
- When there’s a connection to a belief, it becomes the message that then permeates every aspect of an organization.
- Branding becomes an invitation to believe what you believe.
- Our obsession with branding and marketing being finished is part of the problem.
- It’s always good for your brand to take a stand.
Three questions to ask when building a brand:
- What do you believe in?
- What’s your mission?
- How do you create value in the world?
- Root + River
- An Open Letter on Branding
- Oatmeal v Bacon: Oatmeal is Boring, Bacon is Not – The Branding Book for People that Care* by Justin Foster
Virtual Forum: Objective Perspective for Results
I’m hosting a live, free, virtual forum this week. You’re invited to join other listeners and me live via videoconference, to experience a virtual forum titled Objective Perspective for Results. Register here:
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL133: The Five Elements Of Your Personal Brand
- CFL148: The Four Stories Leaders Need For Influence
- CFL189: How to Stand Out With Dorie Clark
Scott Barlow of Happen to Your Career returns to the show to discuss work-life balance.
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback