Mike Erwin: Lead Yourself First
Mike Erwin is the CEO of the Character & Leadership Center and the Founder and President of The Positivity Project, a non-profit organization with the mission to help America’s youth build stronger relationships by recognizing the character strengths in themselves and others. He is the co-author of the book Lead Yourself First: Inspiring Leadership Through Solitude*.
- Solitude helps both in intense thinking and also in giving the brain a chance to quiet down.
- It’s hard to think intensively with a lot going on around you.
- Even extroverts can benefit from solitude.
- Start small. Just find a few minutes throughout the day to build a habit of solitude.
- Social media and solitude can coexist.
The four ways solitude benefits leaders:
- Moral Courage
- Emotional Balance
- Lead Yourself First: Inspiring Leadership Through Solitude* by Raymond M. Kethledge and Mike Erwin
- The Character & Leadership Center
- Team Red, White, & Blue
- The Positivity Project
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL184: Getting Things Done with David Allen
- CFL196: Marshall Goldsmith on Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts
- CFL211: How to Be Present and Productive
- CFL214: Stop Worrying and Start Living
Bonni and I return for the monthly question and answer show. Submit your question for consideration next week or for the first question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback