Teresa Chahine: Social Entrepreneurship
Teresa Chahine is the social entrepreneurship program leader at the Harvard School of Public Heath and the Innovation advisor at Alfanar Venture Philanthropy. She’s the author of Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship*, a 12-step guide to building an impactful venture. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Find the root cause of problems to make sure your solution is not just a band-aid.
- Many leaders make the mistake of reinventing the wheel.
- Find local leaders and build solutions with them.
- Don’t try to solve a problem on your own, work with the people who are impacted by the problem.
- Think of research as a form of action.
- People are more likely to be satisfied with a solution if they feel like they were a part of it.
- BeTheBeacon Campaign
- Food Truck Film
- Kickstarter campaign
- Deconstructing Sticky Problems
- The Tipping Point* by Malcom Gladwell
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.