Jurgen Appelo: Management 3.0
Jurgen Appelo calls himself a creative networker. Since 2008 Jurgen has penned a popular blog covering the creative economy, agile management, and personal development. He is the author of Management 3.0*, the bestselling agile management text and the proactive follow-up book, Managing for Happiness*.
- Not all things work for each company. You must experiment to see what works for your company culture.
- Incentives should be tangible.
- Managers should only have to manage the business systems, and the employees should be able to manage themselves.
- You are learning the most when half your experiments fail.
- Figure out how to incentivize experimentation, not just successful results.
- Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders* by Jurgen Appelo
- Managing for Happiness: Games, Tools, and Practices to Motivate Any Team* by Jurgen Appelo
- That's Not How We Do It Here!: A Story about How Organizations Rise and Fall–and Can Rise Again* by John Kotter
- How To Create Joy At Work with Richard Sheridan (episode 122)
- Start With Why, with Simon Sinek (episode 223)
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.