Ron Wallace: Leadership Lessons From a UPS Driver
Ron Wallace is the former president of UPS International. During his tenure, he was responsible for operations in more than 200 countries and territories, with more than 60,000 people under his direction. He’s the author of the book, Leadership Lessons From a UPS Driver: Delivering a Culture of We, Not Me*.
- By promoting from within, a company’s legacy and culture is seamlessly passed on.
- Don’t hire people for jobs, hire them for careers. Focus on hiring people when they are young and try to keep them for their entire career.
- Most CEOs are only good at one or two things, and that’s what they should focus on.
- Tell your supervisors what your goals are.
- When you’re in a leadership position, always remember where you came from.
- Ten Ways to Pick Yourself Up When You’re Beaten Down (episode 85)
- Three Ways To Reinvent Your Career with Donna Schilder (episode 97)
- The Secret To Happiness (episode 134)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.