Ron Wallace: Former President, UPS International
Ron Wallace (web) is the former president of UPS International. During his tenure, he was responsible for operations in more than 200 countries and territories, with more than 60,000 people under his direction. He’s the author of the new book, Leadership Lessons From a UPS Driver: Delivering a Culture of We, Not Me*.
- By promoting from within, a company’s legacy and culture is seamlessly passed on.
- Don’t hire people for jobs, hire them for careers. Focus on hiring people when they are young and try to keep them for their entire career.
- Most CEOs are only good at one or two things, and that’s what they should focus on.
- Tell your supervisors what your goals are.
- When you’re in a leadership position, always remember where you came from.
Join the Weekly Leadership Guide
Get each episode’s show notes and Dave’s handpicked resources for leadership in your inbox each Wednesday. Plus, get instant access to Dave’s readers’ guide listing the 10 leadership books that will help you get better results from others.
- CFL85: Ten Ways to Pick Yourself Up When You’re Beaten Down
- CFL97: Three Ways To Reinvent Your Career with Donna Schilder
- CFL134: The Secret To Happiness
I welcome Nancy Duarte (web) (Twitter) and Patti Sanchez (Twitter) to the show to discuss how leaders can use presentations and storytelling to transform and also share about their new book, Illuminate: Ignite Change Through Speeches, Stories, Ceremonies, and Symbols*.