Technically Simple and Learn OmniFocus
Connect in Person to Strengthen Relationships
- Tim mentioned the podcast Home Work, a show for people who work at home
- Dave’s team at Dale Carnegie meets once a month for half a day
- Tim mentioned his co-working space, HiVE Vancouver
Make Intentionally Richer Connections
- Move your level of communication up a level
- When possible, seek out the opportunity to connect by video
- We both recommend Zoom for video conferencing
Ways to Stay Connected
- Participate in a mastermind group
- Attend a class that utilizes video-conferencing
- Tim and Dave both utilize Twitter and follow a limited number of people
- Ask the second question when interaction online, especially with a first connection
- Sign-up for a free account with Zoom
- Tim has an affiliate relationship with Zoom. If your needs require a Zoom Pro account, utilize this link.
- Tim offers courses on Holistic Productivity that utilize many of the principles and technology we spoke of on this episode
- Tim recommends ShareDesk, a worldwide directory of co-working and meeting spaces, for those who are outside of Vancouver.
- Tim also suggests Meetup.com
- Learn more about Tim’s Holistic Productivity model from his prior appearance on Coaching for Leaders episode 151.
- Comments, questions, or feedback for future Q&A shows: http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback
- The next Q&A show is episode 187 on the topic of Coaching
Please join my weekly leadership guide. The leadership guide is delivered to your inbox each Wednesday and includes my thoughts and recommendations on the best articles, podcasts, videos, and books, to support your development between shows. It also includes a brief overview and link to the full weekly show notes. If you, like me, tend to listen to podcasts while you’re on the road or exercising, this will give you an easy way to follow-up later on the links and resources we mention in every show.
As a bonus, when you join the weekly leadership guide, you’ll get immediate access to my reader’s guide listing the 10 Leadership Books that Will Help You Get Better Results From Others with brief summaries from me on the value of each book. Download the 11-page reader’s guide and 9-minute video of these book recommendations…plus, insight on the 2 books that I rely on weekly! http://coachingforleaders.com/subscribe
- Steve Kane from Brisbane in Queensland, Australia
- Steve mentioned the personal knowledge management system that Bonni and I reviewed in detail on episode 129
Thank you to Suzchi1 in Switzerland for the kind review on iTunes. If you would like to post review as well, it’s a huge help in the growth of the Coaching for Leaders community. If you use iTunes, just visit http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes and if you use Stitcher, please visit http://coachingforleaders.com/stitcher – and thank you in advance for your support!