Bonni and I tackle your questions and suggest thoughts and resources to improve your own professional development. It's the first Monday of the month and our Q&A show is back!
Bonni Stachowiak, Ed.D.
Teaching in Higher Ed
Patricia says she's struggling with working with and working for micromanagers
- Bonni mentioned Drive by Daniel Pink*
Wally asks, “Have you addressed the topic of leaders who believe their executive team can be productive by competing with each other rather than working as a team?”
- Bonni mentioned Susan Gerke's recent appearances on the show:
- Dave mentioned the Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
Mike says he’s struggling finding enough time in the day to be everything to everyone. He says he also knows that’s impossible.
- “I do for the few what I wish I could do for everyone.” -Andy Stanley
- Dave mentioned OmniFocus, his task management system of choice.
- Bonni mentioned Michael Hyatt's ideal week strategy, which Bonni and Dave both use
What about networking?
- Dave suggests setting up a basic LinkedIn profile as a starting point
- Dave mentioned past show 101: How to Get the Most from LinkedIn with Donna Schilder
- Join the conversation: http://coachingforleaders.com/165
- Comments, questions, or feedback for future Q&A shows: http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback
- Next Q&A show is episode #169 on Strategy
Thank you to weekly update subscribers Ruben Suarez, Bruce Eckfeldt, Keith Shaw, Pratik, Ana Toly, Irma Higgins, Peter Bush, Tim Barnes, Pete Kirkpatrick, Mick Boje, Lindsay Lee-Waters, David Wellard, Sue Barber, Maclain Ibbotson, Amy Back, Michelle Esters, Sheila Culver, Yehen Jayasena, Ray Lacasse, Fadi Rizk, and Muna A.
Receive the 10 Leadership Books That Will Help You Get Better Results From Others, including 2 books that I rely on weekly. You can subscribe at http://coachingforleaders.com/subscribe
Thank you also to John Bordin for leaving a written review on iTunes. If you've been listening to this show for a bit and feel like you can provide an honest review, kindly visit iTunes or Stitcher and leave a written review for the show. Thank you in advance!