You’ve spent days or even weeks working on that big presentation. Now the day is here. On this episode, how to prepare for success on presentation day.
Guest: David Sparks
MacSparky.com and MacPowerUsers.com
David last appeared on episode #119 to help us get control of our email.
Memorize the opening and the closing of your presentation
- Nail the beginning.
- Close strong.
Utilize an effective remote
- A green laser shows better than a red one
- Keep the button options simple
- Dark the screen when you’re not referring to a slide
- Find one with an on/off switch
- David recommends the Kensington K72427AM Wireless Presenter*
Tools to consider
- You need to learn to be self-sufficient
- Extension cord
- Duct tape
- Speakers for audio
David’s final advice
- Think about your presentation as a story
- Your slides are not your script
David and the folks of Apple have shared 11 free copies of David’s book with our community. To enter to receive one, simply leave a comment at the link below with thoughts on one of two things:
- One thing you gained from this episode that you’ll use for your next presentation day
- Something additional we didn’t discuss that would also be valuable for presentation day success
- Join the conversation: https://coachingforleaders.com/159
- Comments, questions, or feedback for future Q&A shows: https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback
- Next Q&A show is episode #161 of difficult conversations
Thank you to weekly update subscribers Susie Soares, Andre Norbim, Geoff Jamieson, and Bronwyn Avard. Receive the 10 Leadership Books That Will Help You Get Better Results From Others, including 2 books that I rely on weekly. You can subscribe at https://coachingforleaders.com/subscribe
Thank you to El kamarda tapatio from Mexico for the very kind review on iTunes. If you’ve been listening to the show for a bit and can provide an honest, written review of the show, please submit it at https://coachingforleaders.com/itunes for iTunes users or https://coachingforleaders.com/stitcher for Stitcher users.