265: How to Strike the Right Tone and More Questions: This first Monday of the month, Bonni (web) (LinkedIn) joined me to respond to questions from our listening community.
- Dave asked what advice we would give to our younger selves about leadership.
- Bill asked about how to balance stern and serious with light and loose.
- Luiza asked about how to lead volunteers.
- Jeff asked about influencing change in culture.
- Elmer asked what he can do with his StrengthsFinder results.
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz*
- The Noun Project
- Working Wardrobes
- 8 Ways To Influence Without Authority
- Dave’s appearance on The All-Star Leader Podcast
- Scott Barlow’s FREE 8 Day Course*
- What Color is Your Parachute? by Richard Nelson Bolles*
- CFL89: The Value of the StrengthsFinder Assessment
- CFL90: How to Interpret Your StrengthsFinder Results
- CFL122: How To Create Joy At Work
- CFL223: Start With Why featuring Simon Sinek
- CFL259: How to Figure Out Your Career
Why Successful People Work on One Thing at a Time: Research has backed up the failure of multi-tasking for awhile. Here’s the practical advice on how to avoid it.
Why Etsy Engineers Send Company-Wide Emails Confessing Mistakes They Made: Want to build a culture where people aren’t afraid to innovate and make mistakes? This is one way to get there.
Your Small Business Should Have a Board of Directors: Excellent advice on the value of a board. I also know people who have adopted this concept very personally — by forming a board of directors for their lives.
Power Posing Co-author: I Do Not Believe That Power Pose Effects Are Real: There’s been recent questions about “power posing” and now it’s coming under fire from one of the original researchers. Here are the details (and the response from Amy Cuddy, famous for her TED talk on the topic).
You Can Teach an Old Dog New Tricks: Listener Jeff Phipps hit a tough point in his career back in 2014. He shares what he did and how the podcast played a role to help.