Almost a decade ago, Sandie Morgan approached me about serving on the board of The Global Center for Women & Justice. Ever since, I’ve had the privilege to see up close just how talented she is at bringing different organizations together.
Sandie is recognized globally for her expertise on combatting human trafficking and working to end violence against women. On this week’s episode, Sandie shared her perspective on how to influence effectively through overlapping networks.
For those who want to discover more about human trafficking, Sandie and I have hosted the Ending Human Trafficking podcast since 2011.
Here are the most useful links from this episode:
- Full audio and show notes
- Ending Human Trafficking podcast
- Bonus audio with Sandie: Why learning from elites is so important
If this episode helped, these will be useful too:
- How Storytelling Helps You Lead, with Sandie Morgan (episode 51)
- How to Collaborate Across Organizations, with Kirsten Foot (episode 215)
- How to Grow Your Professional Network, with Tom Henschel (episode 279)
- The Power of Weak Connections, with David Burkus (episode 347)
Science Says Silence Is Much More Important To Our Brains Than We Think: Introverts everywhere are celebrating (alone, of course).
Not Really Having This Argument: Seth Godin navigating the distinction between truth and belief.
Good Enough is Best: What’s something you are putting A work into, where B+ work would be perfectly fine — and free up more of your time to do what’s really important?
A Bit of Inspiration
Corey Atchison Freed After 30 Years in Oklahoma Prison for Wrongful Murder Conviction: His quote: “I can’t hold no grudge. Life’s too short.”