288: Get Better at Onboarding Employees: Amanda Davis, an executive consultant with 25 years of professional leadership and hospitality experience, joined me on this week’s show to teach us how to better onboard employees.
Part 1: First day on the job
- Keep it short (1.5-2 hours long)
- What are the essential things an employee needs to know?
- Get to the why of the employee’s job. What’s the meaning and mission behind the organization?
- After Part 1 your employee should feel informed, excited, and motivated.
Part 2: About 45 days after hire
- Longer than Tier 1, should be around 3 hours long
- Covers what team members need to know to grow their jobs.
- After Part 2, your employee should feel educated, excited, and confident.
- CFL30: Six Mistakes Leaders Make Sending People to Training
- CFL36: What Every Leader Ought to Know About Sending People to Training
- CFL135: How To Get The Most Out Of Training
Avoid Asking Why, And What Good Leaders Say Instead: Past guest David Marquet is masterful at helping leaders use language well. This masterful article reminds me of one of Colin Powell’s principles: the commander in the field is right until proven otherwise.
How ‘Intellectual Humility’ Can Make You a Better Person: Love the reminder in this article of the distinction between the fixed mind-set and growth mind-set.
How Smart People Work Less and Get More Done: Yet again, more evidence that working longer doesn’t help you be more productive. Plus, strategies on how to get better.
Are You Solving the Right Problems?: Sadly, we often are not. This important read from Harvard Business Review shows you how to prevent falling into the trap.
Just For Fun
Dear BBC One Dad, We Feel Your Pain: If you missed the motion picture event of the year, check this out. This first time I saw the video I had the same reaction as the authors…this so easily could have been me.