291: The Way to Keep Goals Front and Center and More Questions: Bonni (who apparently wants you to follow her on Twitter) and I responded to questions this week about keeping goals front and center, discovering more about organizational development, attracting and developing staff, and podcast recommendations.
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian Moran*
- Organization Development Network
- Association for Talent Development
- International Coach Federation
- Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership by Lee G. Bolman and Terrence E. Deal*
- Organizational Culture and Leadership by Edgar Schein*
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization by Peter Senge*
- Literally Unbelievable by Bronwyn Harris*
- Mac Power Users
- Marketplace with Kai Ryssdal
- Smart Business Revolution with John Corcoran
- The Look and Sound of Leadership with Tom Henschel
- Better Off with Jill Schlesinger
- Free Agents with David Sparks and Jason Snell
- The Introvert Entrepreneur with Beth Buelow
- Teaching in Higher Ed with Bonni Stachowiak
- Unemployable with Brian Clark
- Reply All
- Note to Self
- Code Switch
- On Being with Krista Tippett
- Podcast Greats for 2017 by Bonni Stachowiak
- CFL224: How to Lead Through Uncertainty and Change
- MemberCast 4: How to Create a Team Vision
- MemberCast 5: The Value of Coaching Certifications
South by Southwest Keynotes: Evernote just published these fabulous session notes from all the keynote presentations at this year’s SXSW event. Easy to access via web, even if you don’t use Evernote.
Wanted — a Way With Words in Recruitment Ads: Check this out…changing a few words in your job postings can make a big difference in who you attract.
How to Win Friends & Influence People: Why the Granddaddy of Self-Help Endures: Speaking of using the right words, a detailed review of the Carnegie books. If there was one book I could recommend to everyone in business, it would be How to Win Friends and Influence People*.
Why Race and Culture Matter in the C-Suite: An important read for any leader that cares about diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Use Strengths to Create Customer Moments: Leaders often ask, “But how can I implement this new leadership strategy/philosophy/structure when my company isn’t behind it?” This conversation between Lisa Cummings and Mike Ganino provides a great answer.