Before you ever start a delegation conversation with an employee, it’s essential to define what done looks like. Use time, cost, and quality to frame success.
- Defining done starts with the manager, before any conversation with an employee.
- Healthy discussion, negotiation, and innovation comes after you define what done looks like.
- Clarity on time, cost, and quality are essential when determining what done looks like.
- Effective Delegation of Authority, with Hassan Osman (episode 413)
- How to Define a Role, with Pat Griffin (episode 517)